Who We Are
Behind every child in need is a strong community.
We connect them.
FindFamilyServices.com was established in 2010 to help connect youth and families to resources in their communities. The site's creators aim to improve the efficiency with which consumers, funding agents, and referral sources are able to find services related to child and family needs so you can spend less time searching and more time helping. The site helps users better navigate Virginia's complex human service systems and make informed decisions about plans of care based on quick, individualized searches for services. FindFamilyServices.com was developed in response to the expressed needs of families and professionals across the state to have an up-to-date, comprehensive, searchable directory of services in Virginia. We strive to improve access to information and services for at-risk youth and families experiencing mental and behavioral health issues, substance abuse, disabilities and other special needs.
For users (someone who is searching for services), FindFamilyServices.com will feel a little bit like on-line shopping: you'll describe what you're looking for in as much detail as possible and FindFamilyServices.com will connect you with providers who offer what you described.
We know you have limits: Sometimes you need to find a service that is located within 10 miles of your home because you have unreliable transportation. Or maybe you need to find a service that is free because you do not have insurance and do not qualify for funding programs. Or maybe you are limited to community-based or evidence-based programs because of local policies or funding categories. Whatever the case, we have designed the detailed search page to help you define your limits so that FFS' database will find those providers who are the best fit for you.
- That the less time we spend searching for resources and services, the more time we can spend helping each other.
- That data about our communities’ needs and resources helps us make better decisions.
- That up-to-date, reliable information should be accessible through smart, individualized searching so that the process of finding good help doesn’t have to be so hard.
- That effective providers exist in Virginia and are able to deliver needed services to youth, families, and communities.
- That in the middle of a crisis, we’re less likely to give up if help is easy to find.
FindFamilySerivces provides direct connections between consumers, referral agents, and providers. Through this site you will:
- quickly and easily search for and discover information, resources, and services related to their needs or the needs of someone they love
- perform keyword or detailed searches
- search based on client information, service descriptions, or both
- sort and filter search results based on criteria such as location, years in business, or outcome data
- learn about human services issues from our guest experts
- turn search results into a quick, efficient referral directly to the provider
- save searches for future use
- see data on local searches to make more informed decisions about resource development
Spend less time searching and more time helping.